Creative Art of Teaching with Missy White
Now Accepting Applications For 200 HR Yoga Alliance Teacher Training with Missy White, Jess Miller, Jenn Witaconis & guest teachers at Gypsea Air Yoga - 321 North Safford Ave. Tarpon Springs, Florida.
Over 9 weekend sessions we transform passionate yoga practitioners into highly qualified Teachers. You will be ready and able to teach as soon as the course ends. If you are interested in advancing in your personal practice this training is for you!
• The program takes place on Saturday and Sunday from 9am - 6pm.
• Learn how to teach a different style and modalities of yoga using dialogue, verbal cues and hands on adjustments.
• Explore different teaching styles, the characteristics of a good yoga teacher, understand the type of yoga teacher you want to be and build your confidence and “unique voice” as an instructor.
• Examine postural alignment, gain a deeper understanding of how yoga postures should be performed and understand how to correct common misalignments and perform modifications (verbally and physically).
• Learn about anatomy, kinesiology and physiology and apply them to yoga.
• Understand the different physical and mental benefits delivered by yoga.
• Further your own practice by taking part in yoga classes, broaden your knowledge of different yoga styles and begin to make yoga part of your daily life including practicing meditation.
• Understand basic first aid and how to keep your students safe. Gain an insight into medical conditions that would inhibit the practice of hot yoga/yoga, in particular pregnancy.
• Explore the history of yoga, examine different yoga forms and where they originated from, and study yoga philosophy
• Understand the business of yoga and how to make a career out of being a yoga teacher.
BECOME A TEACHER
While focusing on equipping you to teach a flow style yoga class , the course will provide a solid foundation from which you can continue to explore other forms of yoga. You will be taught how to create and teach a vinyasa class based on the principles of alignment and the ancient practice of ashtanga vinyasa. This means you’ll have everything you need to begin teaching at all types of yoga and fitness establishments upon graduation and begin your journey as a yoga teacher.
1/14 - 1/15
1/28 - 1/29
2/11 - 2/12
2/25 - 2/26
3/11 - 3/12
3/25 - 3/26
4/8 - 4/9
4/22 - 4/23
5/13 - 5/14
Registered with Yoga Alliance.
Contact us for details by email!
Application fee $250 non-refundable
Pay in Full before Nov 1
Pay in Full after Nov 1
Payment Plan options available
Yoga Teacher Trainer
About Missy White:
In 2004 after 15 years in the weight loss industry I left my corporate job and traveled to LA for an intensive
9 week Teacher Training course at Bikram's Yoga College of India. This was just the beginning of her journey, since then I have trained with several yoga teachers such as David Swenson, Shiva Rae, Cameron Shane, Ana Forrest, Desiree Rumbaugh, Duncan Wong, Andre Lappa and many others. Missy currently teaches her signature Funky Flow Master classes, Arm Balancing, Inversion and Back bending workshops as well as the 108 Asanas workshop throughout the US and the UK.
SCSU Newhaven CT (BS), Business, Management, Marketing 1985 – 1989
Bikram Yoga Certification - Bikram's Yoga College of India January 2004
Yoga 200RYT Certification August 2007
Yoga 500RYT Certification September 2011
Yoga 1000CYT Certification November 2012
Missy has been a presenter at the following Yoga Conferences:
Rasa-Lila Festival – Tampa, FL
Om Yoga Conference – London, UK
Floyd Yoga Jam - Willis, Virginia SE Yoga Conference – Atlanta, GA It’s Just Yoga Festival – Tampa, FL Om Yoga Conference - Manchester, UK Breathe Yoga Festival - Ft. Collins, CO Yoga Journal LIVE! Conference - Ft. Lauderdale, FL Yoga Expo - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Yoga Expo - Los Angeles, CA